Want to study abroad in United States? Here’s an opportunity for you to enrol in any course of your choice at Texas Tech University and study for free in USA.
Previously known as Texas Technological college, Texas Tech, or TTU, Texas Tech Univeristy is a well-renowned public research university located in Lubbock, Texas, United States.
The school welcomes a good number of international students and currently host over 40,322 students, including 33,269 undergraduates and 7,053 postgraduates.
Like with other fully-funded scholarships in USA, fully,-funded undergraduates scholarships, or even fully-funded MBA programs in USA, you can choose to study the course of your choice in the United States.
Texas Tech offers its students over 153 study programs through its 13 colleges and hosts 60 research centres and institutes in United States.
The Frsshman Presidential Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship in USA that is awarded to first-time freshers with outstanding academic performances.
Freshman Presidential Scholarship Details
• Host University: Texas Tech University, United States
• Host Country: United States
• Study Level: Undergraduate Level
• Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fee Cover (no specific amount not specified)
• Eligible Countries: Domestic and International Students
• Subjects available: All undergraduate courses.
• Application Deadline: Ongoing.
Just like other fully-funded MBA programs in USA, or engineering scholarships in USA, the Freshman Presidential Scholarship covers tuition fees.
The first part of the tuition is awarded to winners of the scholsrship towards the fall term and the second part toward spring terms. Non-residentt candidates for the scholarships are also eligible to pay in-state tuition.
Generally, the Freshman Presidential Scholarships value vary depending on the High school rank and the SAT or ACT test scores of the applicants. It ranges from $1,000 per year up to 100% of the original federally approved cost of attendance
To be eligible to receive the Frwshman Presidential Scholarship, applicants must include tuition fees, books, room, board, transportation, and a personal allowance.
The following are the eligibility requirements for receiving the Freshman Presidential Scholarship in USA.
• Demonstration of outstanding academic performance, since it is a merit-based scholarship and therefore selections of winners are made based on applicant’s test scores and class rank.
• Applicants must be a first timer in the university, an incoming freshman.
Selected candidates for the USA scholarships must also meet the following requirements to stay as a Texas Tech University student.
• Maintain a good Cumulative Grade Point (CGPA).
• Maintain a complete full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University undergraduate study program.
• Accumulate a minimum of 30 TTU hours per year.
• Keep contact information up-to-date at all time on the MyTech portal.
• Write a good appreciation letter to the Freshman Presidential Scholarship donor as directed by the TTU Scholarship Office.
• Attend required sponsored donor events
• Most importantly, the scholarship applies only to Texas Tech University study programs.
How to apply:
Curious to apply for this USA scholarships? The process is quite easy. Candidates are automatically considered for scholsrhip once they apply for admissions to Texas Tech University.
Interested applicants are advised to apply for a study program in the University as soon as possible using the Apply Texas application portal or CommonApp for admission and also for scholsrship consideration.